September 30 – October 29 2016
Sound Visual art show, curated by Veronica Kumpf, exhibits the works of artists inspired by sound or music. Contemporary working artists whose inspiration has been enhanced by the ephemeral of music. Genre painting dates back centuries and in today’s visual culture the images of musicians abound. However contemporary artists explore aspects of sound and music that move beyond the typical image of a performer. Using new media, sculpture, traditional painting, mixed media, photography and graphics, this group involved in Sound Visual express music as can only be seen through the critical contemporary lens of today's artists.
Sound Visual brings an experience each Saturday night during the month of October where sound artists/musicians perform their most experimental exploratory works. Beyond the filter of pop music and tradition, we explore the contemporary musician pushing the boundaries and making new discoveries in their ephemeral art.
Stephen Fishman, video, Veronica Kumpf, painting, Gerald Lopez, video collaboration, Thedocia Mae, mixed media, Stan Martin, photography, Saul Paul, graphics, David Pedly, photography, Jimmy Pena, video collaboration, Kevin Dean Ramler, sculpture
Live performances Saturday Evenings Oct 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 Doors Open at 6:30PM
· Opening October 1st, 6:30pm, Music performance by Shawn Maddox, experimental Guitar 7:30-8:30, close at 9pm
· Saturday October 8th, Music performance by Jen Mulhern, Cello 7:30-8:30
· Saturday October 15th, Music performance by Gwynever Rhy, Experimental Electronic 7:30-8:30
· Saturday October 22nd, Music performance by Carlos Cedillo, Sitar 7:30-8:30
· Saturday October 29th, Music performance by Fentress, experimental avant-garde 7:30-8:30 SHOW CLOSE